Monday, October 5, 2009

How do I hide a scar?

I was hurt on the head as a child. I have a scar on my forehead just at my hairline about the same shape and size of a 1 cent piece. It is quite obvious (well to me anyway). The skin is shiny and pink and I always wear my hair out to hang over it. That's ok, but sometimes I would like to tie my hair up in a ponytail or half up / half down - but I feel embarrased because it is shiny and pink and people always say "what's that ?" Is there a good product or way to put makeup over it without making it too obvious? Or should I get bangs? I think I'm too old for that (mid 30's) I live in Australia.



How do I hide a scar?

I'd say bangs (which i'm sure can be made to look lovely) but I understand why you wouldn't want them (especially since it's warmer in Australia).



So, I'd say: Wear it with pride! Our scars, freckles, moles, etc make us unique. You can't spend the rest of your life worried about it.



Have you spoken with a doctor about this? Maybe there is surgery if it bothers you that much?



How do I hide a scar?

you are not too old for bangs. i think you should go for it...



How do I hide a scar?

Why not try long side swept bangs? They are very trendy here in the US not sure about in Australia. This way, you could do your hair up and still have some down to cover the scar. It would probably be hard to cover with makeup. You could try concealer, but if the scar is raised, it will just make it look worse.



How do I hide a scar?

you could try updated bangs. they make certain types of make ups now that make your skin look very even toned. it's called mineral oils or something to that effect (depending on who makes it or the brand) some call it bare minerals some call it mineral oil foundations. concealers will help also. i wish i could see a pic of where the scar is to help with possible haircuts to cover it. the long bangs are in where they swoop off to the side and when you wear your hair back you can leave them down and tuck them behind your ear. if you use concealer you'll have to wear foundation as well all over your face to even the tone. they make some foundations that are also concealing. hope this helps some!



How do I hide a scar?

you can get makeup that match's your skin color



How do I hide a scar?

dont worry about it, a scar gives you charcter. You wouldnt be you with out it. Don't try to hide it, show it off!



Christ if I had to hide my scars, I would be screwed. (I am actually very good looking)



How do I hide a scar?

Any type of concealer, foundation, etc. will hide it pretty well. Also, sidebangs are really cute for any age, and will hide it pretty well.



http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/pr...



Here's some concealer...



How do I hide a scar?

There is a very thick foundation type skin coloured cream at soul pattinsons chemists it is used to cover birthmarks and heavy blemishes ask the pharmacist.



How do I hide a scar?

YOUR SKIN COLOR OR WHOEVERS COLOR MAKEUP

No comments:

Post a Comment