Saturday, August 1, 2009

What Can I do about a faulty Flat iron purchased off an ebay store that burned my hand???

I purchased a flat iron off ebay from an ebay store that sells just flat irons hair products etc. When I recieved the item it looked pretty cheap and plastic. Then when I finally thought I would give it a try, the flat iron made a noise like a popping noise and wouldnt work. I unplugged and replugged it etc. still not working. So I contacted live help on ebay and told them everything. The flat iron was still plugged in while I was speaking to them so I thought i bette unplugg this piece of crap, I went to grab the flat iron by the handle(outside handle that you normally hold it when doing your hair) and it burned me really badly! I contacted the ppl and they have been giving me the run around saying to send them the flat iron back or they will just give me 10 dollars to be quiet. And the flat cost much more. I am not sure what to do but do not want them to get away with this. What about other ppl that are buying products off them?I mean who knows my house could have burned out!



What Can I do about a faulty Flat iron purchased off an ebay store that burned my hand???

complain to pay pal. They will try to get your money back.



What Can I do about a faulty Flat iron purchased off an ebay store that burned my hand???

Contact ebay, save all emails from the seller. also file a claim with paypal (if thats how you paid)



What Can I do about a faulty Flat iron purchased off an ebay store that burned my hand???

If you're not satisfied with the merchant's proposed solution, you can always take them to small claims court.



What Can I do about a faulty Flat iron purchased off an ebay store that burned my hand???

I am not sure I 100% understand your question, but are you saying the iron cost less it would be to ship it?



If thats the case, the only real answer would be you going to have to eat the postage.



I know it stinks, but they did offer to replace it.



If you take it to the post office to mail it back, there are some pretty cheap mailing rates.



What Can I do about a faulty Flat iron purchased off an ebay store that burned my hand???

To report a dispute:



Click the 閳ユ发y eBay閳?link at the top of the eBay home page.



On the left-hand side of the page under My eBay Views, click the 閳ユ窉ispute Console閳?link.



On the Dispute Console page, select the problem you want to report by clicking the 閳ユ珐eport an Unpaid Item閳?link or 閳ユ珐eport an Item Not Received or Not as Described閳?link.



Provide the item number and follow the instructions on the report pages.



Viewing your dispute status



The Dispute Console offers two views:



Unpaid Items



Items Not Received or Significantly Not as Described



To select a view, on the Dispute Console page, click the appropriate link in the Dispute Console Views section on the left-hand side of the page.



Each dispute is organized into columns, detailing the date it was opened, the other party閳ユ獨 User ID, and the dispute status. The dispute status tells you if the dispute is open or closed, and whether you need to take action on it. You can view the entire dispute by clicking the 閳ユ钒iew dispute閳?link.



In the Unpaid Item view there閳ユ獨 an additional column which shows whether or not the item is eligible for a Final Value Fee credit, or if credit has already been granted.



Also, if paid by paypal, then file for your money back.

No comments:

Post a Comment