Thursday, July 30, 2009

I am sad for a silly reason...?

I keep crying over this, and I know it is silly but it really is upsetting me physically, mentally, and spiritually. See, just yesterday I cut off my long hair into a VERY short bob to eliminate many of my layers. Now even though the layers used to bother me, I miss my long hair. I know this is very silly but I can not stop thinking about it and I've been crying nonstop today. I feel very depressed and as if I can not enjoy all the things I used to missing this piece of me. I feel as if I won't feel okay until it grows out once and for all. I know this is silly but I was really hoping for some prayers of comfort and for some other reasons. I don't want to be so sad anymore. Also, I was hoping for some advice. Thanks. :(



I am sad for a silly reason...?

I remember watching on Maury, people cutting their hair off and crying about it. Just keep thinking that itll grow back. :)



I am sad for a silly reason...?

Natural grief. Sounds like you have lost something(a part of you) that has been with you for a long while. Let yourself feel the sadness and it will pass like everything does in time.



I am sad for a silly reason...?

Why is this silly?



You have lost something. You'll need some time to grieve it. Allow yourself to grieve.



I am sad for a silly reason...?

Get used to it!!! stop crying over hair things could be worse!!!



I am sad for a silly reason...?

if your hair is still available take it a cancer sight and they can see that cancer patients have a wig made from your hair. thus growing and cutting your hair will have benefited and blessed some people in need.



I am sad for a silly reason...?

Prayers are not going to help you....just go to the store and buy some of those gule in hair extentions...you will only need a few rows to add lenght....you need to stop being so superficial also....if your hair was that inportant that you feel like you are missing a part of yourself...it just shows that you are not a whole person on the inside....hair grows back...it seems you need to start working on your self esteem....think about all the people who loose all of their hair to cancer and alopecia....be thankful you still have hair...and you were the one that decided to cut it off....its not like you 'lost' something....you decided to 'get rid' something....get over it...



I am sad for a silly reason...?

i've done that before, it just takes some time to get used to it, that's all. after a few day's you'll get used to it and maybe even like it



I am sad for a silly reason...?

I can totally understand (my hair went from being able to sit on to shoulder length) but you are right it will grow.. you are probably more in shock than anything else give your self some time an buy some pretty earrings (that you couldn't show off so well when your hair was long)



an enjoy the short look for a while



I am sad for a silly reason...?

You know when I'm at a part in my cycle, I'll start crying for little reasons too...have you checked a calandar lately?



I too have felt hair chopping remorse. Some aid for it would be, go buy some little clips, and boby-pins...and have some fun experimenting with the new ways you can style your hair, and rent Sabrina, or Roman Holiday, they're movies that are very positive about cutting one's hair off.



Good luck!



I am sad for a silly reason...?

Many woman define themself with their hair. I know a few long haired woman who would NEVER cut their hair. I think you've been brave in cutting your hair. Your hair doesn't define you and it doesn't make you any less. Stop and think about the good things about yourself. For starters your brave and bold for trying something new!



I am sad for a silly reason...?

I will pray for comfort for you :)



We have all made decision we thought were great choices. It wasn't until the result was there that we could see that it had been a bad choice.



Luckily your hair will grow back. Some decision cannot be undone.



I hope that will cheer you up. :) Blessed Be!



I am sad for a silly reason...?

I couldn't imagine cutting mine off, but i'm sure you look better now and its much much eaiser to take care off. I understand why you are hurting though your hair was part of you, its like cutting off a leg. Try having fun with it, do you hair in diffrent styles. If you really can't stand it maybe try a wig. Good luck!



I am sad for a silly reason...?

I have long hair and have not cut it above my shoulders in over 20 years. (I'm 32.) I can definitely relate.



Think of some things that are a pain when you have long hair--going somewhere hot, swimming, eating soup (ends in the soup!), etc. Do those things.



And if you still feel lousy, prenatal vitamins help a *lot*. :-)



I am sad for a silly reason...?

To most people, it is silly. To you, it is an OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).



Seek Counseling.



I am sad for a silly reason...?

Go to the mall and buy some earrings and wear a necklace to draw attention away from your hair.



I am sad for a silly reason...?

You are focusing on the wrong things. Your hair is not you. The hair may have been yours, but you are much more than your hair.



Close your eyes and spend some time in prayer to see who you really are. It is not your hair, or eyes, or teeth, or clothes, and any of those things that you see. Find your soul and you will find yourself.



You also need to focus on someone or something outside of yourself. If there are homeless people on the street where you live, go to the grocery store, buy a meal of meat and vegetables in flip top cans, add a plastic fork, spoon, and knife and write a short note of encouragement and love. Tie the bag closed and give it to someone on the corner.



It is called a hopebag and is part of a nationwide outreach project called Project Hopebag. Go to http://www.hopebags.co to learn more about this.



I am sad for a silly reason...?

Been there, done that. I lost all of my hair during chemo-therapy.



It will only take a few days to get used to the new style that is completely foreign to you now.



Keep yourself busy and stop looking in the mirror!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment