Monday, July 27, 2009

Whats wrong with me:Is this OCD or just quirks???

what i do



1.sometimes when i microwave things i have to wait until it gets to a "right" number (usually even) before i stop it



2.i have to chew more than one piece of gum



3.i have to put my remotes in my dresser before bed



4.sometimes when i put something on it feels "wrong" and i have to change



5.THE MAIN ONE: i twirl my hair and chew and eat it...it gross i know but i've done it for years...it used to be arm hair so i shaved it...now its my bangy parts on the sides...they keep getting shorter and one part cant reach my mouth so i pull out thick hairs to chew on...I KNOW it looks weird...oone really says anything but seriously it's very annoying and i've heard its a real problem



WHAT WRONG WITH ME?????



Whats wrong with me:Is this OCD or just quirks???

It may be O.C.D. but only a doctor can diasgnose you for



sure. I suggest seeing one, or mentioning it to you health care provider at your next check up if it is is bothering you or you notice that it is becoming worse or more severe "quirks" as you call it become obsessive. i have a few quirks of my own. such as when playing solitaire they have to be positioned- spade, heart, club, diamond. and i can't stand odd numbers on the volume control. and several others. but i have not noticed anything majorly disturbing.



hang in there. there is help if you need it.



Whats wrong with me:Is this OCD or just quirks???

maybe they are just habits like i always have to wash my hands before i take a shower



Whats wrong with me:Is this OCD or just quirks???

Very possible that you do had OCD...



I have OCD horribly bad. I have learned to deal with it. I count everything in 3s nothing can be done in even numbers, i count my steps, I touch anything that looks like it would feel different, and I eat my foods a very particular way. And I also have to dress in a certain manner. lol. But the only way to know for sure is to go and get checked by the dr.



Whats wrong with me:Is this OCD or just quirks???

u might have a little bit of ocd...i am no expert but i live with two people who have ocd and i think i may have a bit of it too. i used to have the same problem with my hair now i have to bite my nails (i know its common) unless there painted! maybe you should go to your doctor and request a siciatris to evaluate you. it may not be ocd it could just be your very maticulause and you have a bad habit...*a story to scare you*



a girl in minnisota was chewing on her hair. it became a habit and eventually she bacame sick all of the time and wouldnt eat anything but she continued to eat her hair. she went to the dr. with her parents and they discoverd a hair ball the shape of her stomach and the size(no wonder she couldnt eat!) she had to have surgery to remove it and got her hair cut really short! she eventually stopped but she had a scar from her bst line to her pelvis bone.



its a true story and i hoped it scare you out of eating your hair! good luck with your problem



Whats wrong with me:Is this OCD or just quirks???

Does sound OCDish. I've read that ones of the ways doctors distinguish OCD from just having "quirks" is that they call it OCD when it starts interfering in your life and becoming a problem.



By the way, I do the exact same microwave thing! I hate it and sometimes have overdone food because of it! Also usually the even #s are the "right ones". I do this with other things with times, and numbers. And do things until they "feel right." Theres other things I do but I could go on for a while here. I have close relatives with it, and I'm sure I have a touch of it. If you have any family with it then its even more likely you have it, since it does run in the genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment