Monday, July 27, 2009

Back of the neck tattoo?

I'm getting another tat tomorrow. It'll be my 9th one. It's a custom piece i drew myself, and i'm pretty excited! It's going on the back of my neck. I was wondering about my hair. Should I be leaving my hair up while it heals? And- more importantly- what about styling products? shampoo and conditioner are going to get on it, as are hairspray, leave in conditioner, etc. what's the best way to protect my tattoo? And please for the love of god, don't say "stop putting hairspray in your hair!" i'm a girl! i have frizzy hair. if your another girl, you will understand. THanks!



Back of the neck tattoo?

I got a tattoo on my temple and neck. For the first couple of weeks, you are going to have to not use styling products (shampoo and conditioner should be ok, just wash the tattoo GENTLY afterwards). Getting hairspray in a new tattoo is a VERY bad thing. I would try to keep my hair off of it for the first week or 2. I know it sucks, and yes I am a girl (luckily I don't have to use styling products), but you don't want to ruin your investment.



Back of the neck tattoo?

You will have to not wear hairspray for 2 weeks. I know, I wear hairspray too but you will just have to find a way to live without it for two weeks. Is it worth you infecting a new tattoo? And yes keep your hair pulled up. Have fun!



Back of the neck tattoo?

You can always cover it with saran wrap while your getting yourself ready and after your done and got your hair pulled back you can get rid of the saran wrap. Before you put the saran wrap over the tat, apply A%26amp;D ointment, not liberally though, there shouldn't be a thick layer it will pull the color out of the tat



Back of the neck tattoo?

Hey Girl, I have been in your boat before so I will let you know what I did.... I put A%26amp;D ointment on it with Gauze while I put Gel, Hairspray and Mousse in my hair, and I wore it up for about 4 or 5 days just til it scabbed over..... Youll be fine.... Congrats on your new Ink!!!! Send me a Picture when its done!!! :o)



Back of the neck tattoo?

Feb. 14th I got a cross on the back of my neck. I went %26amp; found a hairstyle, wedged toward the front (long in front %26amp; almost an inch in the back) to keep my hair away from it %26amp; have kept it ever since. I didn't want to have to worry about it. You know they say tats are like open cuts so I would try to keep every thing away, if possible at least until it heals.



Back of the neck tattoo?

I'm sure that if you want to be proud of your tat, that you can hold off on the things that would ruin it or cause infection.



Unless you cover it while you have the hairspray on........then when you get home tie your hair up and take the covering off.



It's nice that you will have your own drawing on you............



and it can't be that big so it may heal pretty fast.



Back of the neck tattoo?

I got a tattoo on my temple and neck. For the first couple of weeks, you are going to have to not use styling products (shampoo and conditioner should be ok, just wash the tattoo GENTLY afterwards). Getting hairspray in a new tattoo is a VERY bad thing. I would try to keep my hair off of it for the first week or 2



Back of the neck tattoo?

hair up no products

No comments:

Post a Comment