Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dream interpretation help, please?

I dreamt that I was standing in a professor's office, only the woman I was speaking to was a Wiccan professor (she doesn't actually exist here). The room was pretty bare; the only item I remember in the room besides the desk and a small, child's chalkboard was a wooden chair with a blue piece of fabric over it, and a deerskin over the blue piece of fabric.



She was an old woman with long, grey, curly hair. I was holding two Pink Lady apples out to either side of me.



We were speaking about my boyfriend, and I said that I wanted him (as in to be with him forever). She said that she "wanted another for me," but I said, taking a bite of the right-hand apple (which had, along with the left-hand apple, turned into a Granny Smith apple), "But I don't want another. Will I be with this one?"



She said, "What do you think?"



Then the dream ended. What does this mean?? Is it portentous?



Dream interpretation help, please?

Dreams are simply your mind solving your problems while you are asleep. While you are awake, we call them "thoughts."



So far as "how long dreams last" goes . . . Google "rapid eye movements" since REMs are the sign that dreams are occurring, and the length of time the REM goes is the length of time of the dream.



Dreams mean what YOU want them to mean, and NOTHING MORE. No one else can tell you what your dreams mean. NO books of dream symbols or interpretations can do it either.



When Freud wrote his book "The Interpretation of Dreams" in 1898 (or so) the Viennese newspaper called it "another of those Egyptian dream books." What they meant was that there were dozens of books about dreams, all purporting to be able to tell people what their dreams meant.



Write the following on a large piece of paper and hang it on your wall:



NO ONE KNOWS WHAT YOUR DREAMS MEAN BUT YOU. ANYONE WHO SAYS THEY CAN TELL YOU WHAT THEY MEAN IS A LIAR. ANYONE WHO CHARGES YOU TO DO IT IS A CROOK.



Happy dreaming... -- Dr. Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment