Saturday, July 25, 2009

I just got a perm and it is HIDEOUS, how can I get it back to straight? I'm so upset.?

I went in for a routine hair cut to my straight hair. I asked the lady if there was a book I could look at while I waited. I saw a picture of a woman with big curls and asked if it was a perm or if someone curled her hair for the picture. She said that it was a perm. After much talking with her, I decided to take the plunge. As she was rolling my hair, I told her that the rods looked too small to look like the picture. They looked like poodle style rods if you know what I mean, the kind that older women get. She assured me it was just like the picture. I asked two strangers what my hair looked like, they said it looked like someone crimped it. I'm SO upset. I'm calling them this morning and giving them a piece of my mind. Can they straighten it? Is it possible to straighten out this mess? Someone help me!



I just got a perm and it is HIDEOUS, how can I get it back to straight? I'm so upset.?

I did the same thing, however I allowed my friends to perm my hair. I wanted soft waves and I got frizzy and kinky. It was awful. What I suggest you do is wash it and heavily condition often. The perm will calm down, however it will never fully go away. After about a month and a half I chemically straightened mine and it worked great. But, my hair was severely damaged and eventually both the perm and the chemical straightening grow out and your roots and flat. You should buy a good ceramic straightener and Redkin smoothing heat glide serum. For now that is really all you can do. Wait a month or two and see how the perm looks then. If you really don't like it get your hair straightened.



Good luck. I know how horrible it can be. My hair was very long and severely damaged. I ended up cutting off about 18 inches.



I just got a perm and it is HIDEOUS, how can I get it back to straight? I'm so upset.?

I don't know how good a straitener will work if you just got it done.



I do know that it takes about 3 to 4 days before the curls lay down. They will get bigger, promise.



However, they should have use big curlers but the girls will lay down. If you want to hurry it up get a heavy conditioner and put it on there everyday. That will help.



I would be careful using them again, especially with a straitener. That is too much chemical too soon for your hair. It can burn you hair out, then you will really look bad.



Not saying you look bad, just want you to know what could happen.



Good luck



I just got a perm and it is HIDEOUS, how can I get it back to straight? I'm so upset.?

u can definitely get your hair straightened. It may not get completely straight but there will be a major difference from now. Go to that same parlour and get them straightened.



I just got a perm and it is HIDEOUS, how can I get it back to straight? I'm so upset.?

u should wait like a couple days my mom got a perm an she hated it an i thought it was ugly but like a few days later the curls fell an it looked beautifull but if they dont go how u want it after a few days yea get pissed she totally ****** up! but u might wanna wait a while befor straightining so your wont get fried



I just got a perm and it is HIDEOUS, how can I get it back to straight? I'm so upset.?

Just wash it with non frizz shampoo maybe im sorry i dont know very much about perms.I dont trust perms



I just got a perm and it is HIDEOUS, how can I get it back to straight? I'm so upset.?

First thing to do is this: call the salon and speak to the owner/manager. Tell them who did your hair. Tell them what you asked for and what you got. Be nice and respectful, but firm. Say, "I asked for loose curls and got tight curls. I've already paid money for a service that I am not satisfied with, and I would like for someone to straighten my hair out." Do this soon so that the manager knows you were not satisfied immediately following your service. Waiting too long to file a complaint is a mistake. Oh, and let the manager know if you're going to wait a week or so to see if the curl loosens up. If you are, ask if you can call back at that time to update them on how it looks. If you do wait, load it down with heavy conditioners to see if that helps pull out the tight curl.... Good luck!



I just got a perm and it is HIDEOUS, how can I get it back to straight? I'm so upset.?

if i were you id go to your local beauty supply store buy a perm but dont use curlers but comb the perm on your hair straight i reccomend over the bathtub because it can be messy but it works the same way it will straighten your hair as opposed if you used curlers to make it curly...



goodluck!



I just got a perm and it is HIDEOUS, how can I get it back to straight? I'm so upset.?

I agree with lisabelle 100% and no Im not a stylist, I just had this same thing happen to me before.. but mine went a step further, the lady gapped the mess out of my hair in a really really bad way. TAKE PICTURES. Go see the salon in person ASAP, dont call, let them see what has happend, but also take pictures for your records should you need them. One bad thing about perms is, every perm is different chemically, everyone's hair is different..what might be a really loose body wave on some people ? will make ME look like a reject from an Annie audition. The longest anyone can leave the most gentle body wave on me, is seven minutes TOP, and thats gonna make me look like I have kinky curls.



Get the salon to help correct the problem, at their cost of course. They dont need, nor want, bad publicity and are 9.9 times out of 10 extremely considerate and concerned that you dont like your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment