Thursday, July 23, 2009

Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

I閳ユ獡 a very clean person, I live in a nice house, so on and so forth, how can this happen to me? Ok so for one, I think I have some new kind of lice or something. I have never had head lice before but I looked online and found out a bunch of info on it, and what I have is quite different. I noticed a very small white thing in my hair that was paper thin, and completely rapped around my hair follicle. And when I say paper thin, I mean paper thin. There was absolutely nothing to it, and it was ALL the way around my hair, not on just one part of it, like they said head lice eggs are. It looks like a piece of skin that came off at the base of my scalp around my hair. I think it has to be head lice though, because it didn閳ユ獩 just fall off. Anyway when I pulled out the hair, there was the same thing at the base (under my skin, if that makes sense), like this long white piece of skin- or whatever it was. Please, please help. Does anyone know what this is? is it some new kind of lice/head thing?



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

have u slept over at someone's recently? are u in contact with anyone? u could catch lice that way, it doesn't have to mean that u live in trash



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

I have never heard of this. If you have kids they can bring head lice back from school very easily no matter how clean your home is. However, this sounds different. I would get in to see a dermatologist right away just to put your mind at rest.



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

Try using headlice removal cream and comb. Or, go to the doctor's.



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

sorry no head lice, this time,..head lice nitts, are completly diffrent its exactly what it was a piece of skin or dandruff,,try scalp,nitts if you had them they like it around your ears the back of them the neck,and also there got little nippers an you be scatchn like a dingo with fleas try some coal tar shampoo that will fix your scalp.



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

Head lice like clean hair the best! It has nothing to do with how clean you are. It is caught by contact with another person with head lice.



It does sound like an egg (or nit) not the actual bug. Especially if it doesnt just dust off the hair. If it dusts off the hair fairly easily then it is more likely to be dandruff or a bit of dry skin from the scalp.



But if you need to pull it off with your fingernails then it sounds like eggs.



You will need to go the chemist/pharmacy and buy some treatment. You will also need someone to help you to get all the eggs out. Combs often dont get them all out. You need someone to go through your hair thoroughly and remove every last egg (after the treatment wash).



Also then need to clean your sheets, pillows etc.



I work in childcare and a lot of the workers there leave their hair for days without washing or put conditioner in their hair just to make it more oily so that they are less likely to catch head lice! So the fact that you are really clean doesnt matter (unfortunately)!



Good luck



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

well the only thing i really do know about lice is that they go for clean hair bc its easier to get to the root of clean hair rather dirty and greasy and messy



good luck i hope i turns out well!



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

Sounds you may have septic follicles and need a lotion from your pharmacy to clear it. I had it once (picked it up from work or barber shop) and cleared very quickly. Let the chemist have a look or see your doctor for a prescription



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

how much conditioner do you use? because sometimes if you put too much on then not wash it all out it sticks too the skin and it itches like mad. wash you hair again and make sure it's all out. if the itching still wont go away or you see bugs you have lice and u should use mayo (not miracle whip) and leave it in ur hair over night( it makes it so they can't breathe) then wash it twice then burn the bastards but using a straight iron that worked for me. best of luck too you



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

It could be just severe dry skin/dandruff. Try using a shampoo that contains tar extracts. This usually cleans up any scalp problem.



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

It actually does not sound like head lice. I have 2 school age boys and we've dealt with those nasty little critters a time or two. Most head lice cases I've seen start with major itching that leads to the discovery of actual little bugs in the hair and scalp, mostly around the ears and base of the neck. Then you'll also see the nits, or eggs, which look like little white, oval grains of sand that don't shake off. Take a very fine tooth comb and run it through your hair from the scalp to the ends, looking closely at it after each pass...if you have the buggies, you'll pull one or two out.



If you haven't seen any live critters (they look like those little ant lion things you find in the sand in southern states, just smaller), then you aren't likely to have lice. I believe this is a case where the 'chicken comes before the egg'. I've never seen nits without the buggies that lay them...



If it's still a concern, see your doctor. It could be that you've had a clogged hair follicle or pimple which oozed it's contents on to your hair. It could be anything, but it doesn't sound like lice to me.



Is this head lice?? I am absolutely freaking out.?

sounds like the root of your hair that's white and very tiny and would be all around the the bottom. Ive never had lice my self because i eat garlic and use baby oil in my hair once a week. but i have seen people who have had it and believe me if it were lice you would know it. it would be no different then a dog or cat who has fleas. as a matter of fact they look like small clear fleas. and also lice do not like dirty hair they are more out to be on a clean head then a greasy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment