Saturday, July 25, 2009

Who is the artist that signed his works "STOVEKEN"?

I have a lacquered wood wall hanging from the 1960s or 1970s. On it is a painting of a woman with her hair blowing in the wind and a butterfly. It is signed, "STOVEKEN". The colors are all shades of brown with black outlines. I have conducted considerable internet research and cannot find out anything about this artist The piece is absolutley beautiful, and I expect that there is more art by this artist out there. I know very little about where the piece was purchased, but it is likely to be from California. The piece was given to me, and I would like to buy another like it. Please help me find out who Stoveken was and where I can find more art by this talented artist.



I will post a link to some pictures of the piece soon.



Who is the artist that signed his works "STOVEKEN"?

Hey ucsbsoul,



Have you tried the Fine Arts sites with Artist name lookups? You could also call some of the galleries, or write/email to proprieters. Here are some appropriate sites:



Who is the artist that signed his works "STOVEKEN"?

Hey,



Thanks for picking mine as Best Answer, don't forget to contact these people at these sites! Sometimes, the internet does not have all the answers, it only gets you to the source of the information. Write to some of those sites, or call some of them. It may take some time! Report It



Who is the artist that signed his works "STOVEKEN"?

i may have the answer to your question about the artist who signed his work Stoveken. my oldest brother was an artist and lived in california for awhile, and had his own business, he did artwork on wood. i have many of his pieces. i look forward to hearing from you. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment