Monday, July 20, 2009

What could this be on my head?

It started out as one patch, and it seemed like a scab on the back of my head...I pulled it off accidentally and it grew back -- bigger. Now there are several, and one time another spot came loose. It was a piece of skin with about an inch of hair attached.



Let me add that I was dxd with HCV about 4 months ago. I found the first spot before I was dxd. I am now on treatment and the scalp condition seems no better or worse.



What could this be on my head?

I would get a second opinion from another physician, preferably a very good dermatologist. It may be that the diagnosis is correct, but it is not unusual that one medication may not work well, but there are others available that may work much better for you, it could just be a matter of trial and error. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment