Sunday, July 12, 2009

How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

I don't want to look drab being pregnant. Everyone in my family always just glowed while they were pregnant and really took care of what they look like. (oh, and don't get the wrong impression, we are definetly not rich, HA far from it! ) Did their hair %26amp; nails, put on a cute dress... haha most of the time looked nicer and cuter than most of us did! :)



So what should I get to make up a great maternity wardrobe (without breaking my wallet mind you!) like tanks, skirts??? What were some great pieces you all had?



(Please dont respon with some comment about pregnancy not being a fashion show or something... i know each day i wont feel so glowy, but I am happy and proud to be pregnant and maybe I want to be noticed!)



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

Now that spring and summer are near, get capris and shorts (show off your legs!)



If you don't want to break your wallet and don't mind hand-me-downs, then search for Mommy and Me resale boutiques in your area. They only accept almost brand new or looks brand new clothes so its not like you are going to be wearing rags. The prices are very reasonable too. You don't want to spend a lot of $$ on clothes you are only going to wear for 9 months.



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

Just try to dress as normally as possible... dress as if you weren't pregnant



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

There's a store called Motherhood. They always have nice clothes for cheap and sales. I got a few maternity tank tops dor $7.50 each and capri pants (with the elastic, BEST THING EVER!) for $16.50. They have tons of other stuff too!



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

You're lucky now that the non-maternity wear tops are stylish and almost look maternity (at a bachelorrete a girl looked pg and I got myself in trouble - oops - she wasnt) I think your best bet is to stick with the basics old navy, target and accesorize well, buy cute sandals and necklaces that you can wear non-pg. And spend a little more on a nice new bra.



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

whaen my sister was pregnant ,we got most of her clothing at TARGET. they have the cutest dresses, tops, etc. and they are very affordable. congratulations.



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

I always bought cute things from Motherhood and Old Navy. Check the sale racks first, I always did. Basics like jeans, tank tops, camis, etc. I didn't go out of my way to look trendy. I just dressed the same as I do when I'm not pregnant **I'm a pretty casual person**



And by the way, ebay is a great place to find cute affordable maternity lots....tons of clothes for a great price. I'm actually selling some now on there. Look me up: nikkisep.



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

You'll want to use the same principals to build your maternity wardrobe that you use with your regular wardrobe.



Find prints and colors that you'll be comfortable wearing. Start with wardrobe basics like pants and shirts that can be mixed and matched. Go into higher end stores and try on maternity clothes to find out size and fit, then try to find the same brands and styles on ebay.



Personally, I loved the perfect fit maternity t-shirts from Old Navy. The come in lots of colors and are pretty affordable. You can find these things called belly bands (or bella bands) that make it so that you can wear your regular clothes further into pregnancy (they're basically tube tops that you put around your unbuckled pants).



If you like to wear skirts and dresses now, then you'll probably continue to enjoy wearing them while pregnant.



And don't be afraid to stop other pregnant women out in public and ask them where they got their clothes.



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

We always want to be cute, especially when our hormones are changing us so much that we feel like beached whales! I found great, affordable deals at www.motherhood.com. They currently have a sale going on that isn't available with the same exact items they sell in their stores. I got 2 shirts for $6.99 each and a pant set for $20! I'm going to get a dress from there for under $20. Also, the style of clothes now is usually empire waisted, so you can always keep in fashion with those things for the first few months. Get a cute haircut to keep yourself feeling fabulous (I'm going for one this weekend because my waist-length hair is beginning to be too much). Just keep a look out for sales and clearances. Eat healthy, and try to stay active and you'll feel beautiful no matter what!



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

Old Navy! Im not that big yet but i saw such cute sundresses there yesterday and I cant wait to wear them this summer, I will just have to wear much bigger sizes, you can defintily still be cute and pregnant! All my sister wore were cute cargo pants and maternity tank tops and she looked cute.



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

these are all really good answers.. i just wanted to suggest i dont know where you are, but in my area there is a consignment store called once upon a child, they sell name brand maternity and baby clothing.. i shopped there through my pregnancy and then they re-buy the clothes and i used the money to buy things for the baby.. pretty good idea that doesnt break the bank.. i dont know if you have anything like this in your area, but its a great thing if you do..



congrats



How to make up a cute Maternity Wardrobe?

I know exactly how you feel. Try ebay, I've just had 2 bundles of mat clothes for 鎷?0 incl p+p.



You can get away with cardigans and jackets from normal ranges but invest in nice t-shirts and tops from a mat range. couple of prs of jeans - they even do combat style jeans now! Linen trousers and some maternity joggers are a must for the house. def try ebay as mat clothes don't get much wear so are a bargain. Go window shopping in NEXT or somewhere then go on ebay and look for same stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment